Monday, June 5, 2017

Here's Why

I watched the rain trickle down the window in dancing streams. It was a typical November day and we were on our way to Georgia for Thanksgiving. I looked back down at the stack of lined paper in my lap and the few words written there, the ink still drying. I was eleven years old and for the first time I realized how much I loved stories. I knew then that I had a story to tell and that someday and somehow I would share it with other people.



Fast forward a few years to my graduation from high school. I was faced with the big question, what am I going to do with the rest of my life? I couldn't tell why nothing seemed quite right. I thought about many things...college...music...midwifery? But I found out that teaching beginning piano wasn't what I was passionate about. I was and am passionate about telling stories. Recording memories so that they won't be forgotten. Learning from the past in order to understand the present and prepare for the future.

That is when I discovered photography. It is the perfect balance of all the things I love most. It is artistic. It's all about preserving memories. It's a way to inspire others with confidence. But most of all it is storytelling at its finest.

So I invite you to join me in this journey of building a legacy that will last for generations. I have a vision that future generations will understand how important and meaningful their heritage is because we thought it was important and meaningful enough to document it. So here's to all of us ordinary people who know we can make an extraordinary difference if we work hard and serve others with a willing heart!

Photo Credit: Emmaline Lucille of Lucillian Photography
@lucillian_photography

~ Sarah Leana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glowing Dallas Engagement Session

We had a great time at a park in Dallas for this Engagement session! The light was *so* perfect!!! I love the colors that Jeanelle chose pa...